Monday, April 30, 2012

A Right Way of Thinking - Visual Journaling


For those of you who know me, I have spent a lot of time doing work in the right side of my brain and helping others to do the same… This is the creative side of your brain and it is also the area of the brain where we are able to solve problems. When we engage the right side of our brains, amazing things happen and we see things in a whole different light, so each week I take you on a new adventure, into the land of right-brain thinking. Come on, and play along!

Today I’d like to take the subject we’re focusing on – JOURNAL WRITING and do something really fun! I talked up above about how I took one whole page and wrote about GRATITUDE. Well, the other thing I didn’t tell you, that some of you may already know about me, is that I LOVE Visual Journaling, AKA Creative Journaling. I spend at least one day a week creating something in my Creative Journal. My Creative Journal is a Mixed Media Journal (I love the Strathmore Visual Journals) where I just take a topic and create something. So I challenge all of you to start a Creative Journal and I have some prompts for you for your first page. For those of you who already have a Creative Journal, this will be fun for you too!

Imagine you’re invited to a party in honor of GRATITUDE. Who will be there? Where will it be held? What will transpire at the party? Now write, sketch, make a collage, be creative, do whatever comes to mind and create on your page whatever you’d like that tickles your fancy (as my Grandma used to say - I LOVED that woman!).  I’d love to hear about what you’ve created. Leave me a comment below! Happy creating!

Here's a couple of pages from my Visual/Creative Journal. The page on the left are my grandkids and the page on the right is ARTwork from my favorite mentor SARK!





No comments:

Post a Comment